Thursday 17 September 2015

Elite Dangerous: Pirate Logs


So there I was in deep and I mean really deep space..... No comms to anyone, my beakon popping, LOCAL was empty on all chat from passers, and I could only hear my breath as I was on life support.  My cargo was load of rares, recently stolen rares. I had 2 jumps to go but no fuel scoop. Thrusters were offline anyway.... I was a dead duck..........

Being a new Pirate things have gone from bad to worse for me. I suppose this is the Pirate life. A continual struggle where poverty gets the better of you and actually having to steal becomes the option. (Not entirely true, as their is a rush strongly attached to the risk).

As I watched my life support timer dwindle away and my prayers for a miracle passer bye, I started to think.... "This adventure into piracy has cost me so far, 2 ships, 2 insurance claims, 1 load of cargo finally worth something, and even then, I was having to travel 160 light years to make it worth something, which, in turn, has left me without fuel in deep space!" This Pirate stuff was harder than I thought.

So within my dying breaths I decided, just like Mega-Mind, if I wasn't any good, then I would be as bad as they come, the bad-est Pirate of them all. "It's good to be bad".

This thought made me realize I needed to stop fumbling about in space and unknown territories. I needed to find somewhere that is used as a central hub. Somewhere that rares can be purchased. Somewhere fairly close to High Tech (my ship will need a polish) and somewhere close where I can hide and sell.

My life finally passed with a last couple of struggles and for some odd reason my ship blew up too. Thought that was odd. Was hoping my remains would be cocooned in ice for an eternity. Oh well. Cremated it is then.

I will be making the PIRATE LOGS a series from now on. I want to create a YouTube playlist on How To Pirate. I want to break each video into sections and I want to develop this career into something that could finally be profitable. So far, it has not been by a long shot.

I need to do a lot of research, and when I have more confidence and a method which returns results and BOOOOOOTY LOOOOOOTY, I will make the videos. So please have patience.... I am learning but I am learning the hard way. I do have a strong feeling it will hang mostly on location, location location.....and maybe some guns.

Will keep you all posted with this little adventure. I know others have written guides... but I really want to share my experience, my problems, and my learning curve and maybe this will be of use to others.  I want to break it down into manageable chunks and get others on the fast track to sinning.

If you are interested in seeing someone suffocate in the depths of space click the YouTube Video of my wonderful passing of this Digital Life....(excuse my gormless facial expressions when everything goes a little unexpected and also excuse my wonderful daughter who was also upset to see my ship explode) ;) Research done to it's fullest right there....



No comments:

Post a Comment