Tuesday 1 September 2015

BenQ GL2460HM Monitor Unboxing




Due to the reason that I am now creating some YouTube videos for pleasure and I am also I am spending more time streaming my game play combined with the fact that Google have just launched their YouTube Gaming channel it has become clear that one requires a dual monitor setup. Why is this? you may ask.


Well when I have game-play on my monitor I am obviously in full screen. This does not allow me to monitor my stream or interact with others that may join to chat.  Also when I am editing videos several programs have to open at once and easily accessible to view, as many of the tasks required require multiple pieces of data / information to be combined. (E.g. Sound and music being edited in Audacity being imported and edited to match video content in Sony Movie Studio Platinum).

After building this monster of a streaming PC I have been left with a certain void in the leathery thingy that resides in my empty pockets! So I needed something that was fairly affordable but could reproduce a certain quality as a dual monitor.

After much research it became clear to me that the Benq was that monitor. It was exceptionally cheap for the amount of features that it provides.  I was also very impressed that it has only a 2ms response time. This is ideal for gamers and was also 16:9 1080p. Perfect. The monitor was £115 delivered to my door from Amazon. That really is a bargain.

Here are some of the specs......

Product Color

Product ColorGlossy Black

Display

Screen Size24"W
Aspect Ratio16:9
Resolution (max.)1920 x 1080
Pixel Pitch (mm)0.276
Brightness ( typ.)250 cd/m2
Native Contrast ( typ. )1000:1
DCR (Dynamic Contrast Ratio) (typ.)12M:1
Panel TypeTN
Viewing Angle (L/R;U/D) (CR>=10)170 / 160
Response Time(Tr+Tf) typ.2ms GTG
Display Colors16.7million
Color Gamut72%
Input ConnectorD-Sub, DVI, HDMI, Headphone Jack, Line In
Speaker1W x 2

Power

Power Supply (90~264 AC)Built-in
Power Consumption (On mode)23W (Base on Energy Star)
(Power saving mode)<0.3W

Dimensions & Weight

CTN Dimensions ( H x W x D mm )649 x 123 x 417
Dimensions ( H x W x D mm )434 x 565 x 194
Dimensions with Wall Mount ( H x W x D mm )333 x 565 x 54
Net Weight (kg)4.3
Gross Weight (kg)5.8

Special Features

Senseye®Senseye 3
Reading ModeYes
Eco ModeYes
AMAYes
Windows® 8 CompatibleYes
HDCPYes
Color TemperatureReddish / Normal/ Bluish /user mode
OSD Language17 languages
VESA Wall Mounting100x100mm
Tilt ( down / up )-5 / 20
K LockerYes
Slim Bezel16mm


Please see my video on YouTube of the unboxing below.




No comments:

Post a Comment