Sunday 22 February 2015

Android Voice Commands - Beam me up Scotty!

So we all own a Star Trek tri-corder these days but we just call them mobile phones or if your in the US, a cell phone. Now if your wise enough to choose Android over the blundering competition then the following tips are pretty cool to know or at least occasionally remember.....

Due to the list being quite extensive now I will break into categories below. Also I am referring to Google Now voice commands, if others arise outside of Google Now I will be sure to label the app that is relevant.

Here goes....





RANDOM

  • Where was [William Shakespeare] born
  • How old is [Clint Eastwood]
  • What does [symptomatic] mean
  • Search for [Mercedes Cars]
  • What time is it in [London]
  • What is the weather like in [Paris][this weekend]
  • Show me pictures of [Tokyo Tower]
  • Show me a video of [playstation 4]
  • Define [nautical]


PHONE CONTROL

  • Open [blogger.com]
  • Take a picture/photo
  • Record a video
  • Open[app name]
  • Turn on [wifi / blutooth]
  • Turn off [wifi / blutooth]
  • Set Alarm for [6.30am]
  • Set timer for [30 minutes]
  • Create a calander event [title, day, then time] (eg Fly to rome, saturday, 4pm)
  • Make a note [get a valentines card]
  • Find [James Witherington][phone number][address] (works with your contact list)
  • Show me my bills
  • Wake me up in [4] hours
  • Turn [On / Off] Torch


MATH AND CONVERSION

  • What’s [182 yards] in [miles]? What is [12 ounces] in [liters]?
  • What's [444] divided by [13.2] (most mathematical operators will work ( + - / * % etc))
  • What's the tip for [$124]
  • What is Spanish for [I have a headache]
  • How do you say [I missed my flight][in Korean]
  • How much is [forty thousand dollars in british pounds]
  • How many [litres are in a gallon]

PRODUCTIVE

  • Remind me [to call Joe at 3pm]
  • What is my schedule [for today / for this week / for this month]
  • When does [shop name] close
  • When is [fathers day / mothers day / easter etc]
  • What is area code [02392]
  • Who is the CEO of [company name]
  • Who invented [object]
  • Post to Google Plus [Its a wonderful day today]
  • Remind me [next time I'm at][sainsburys][to get grapes]
  • Is it going to rain tomorrow
  • Show me [document name] on Drive (Document required on Google Drive)


COMMS

  • Text [James Whitby that I am running 5 mins late]
  • Call [John Appleby]
  • Call [London Science Museum]
  • Send email to [person] subject [subject title] message [your message]
  • Post to [twitter / facebook][I went bowling in the desert today]


NAVIGATION

  • Where is the nearest [Japanese restaurant]
  • Navigate to [cardiff wales]
  • Directions to [Gunwharf Quays Portsmouth]
  • Where is [The Eiffel Tower]
  • Show me my flight information (must have some flight info in email)
  • Where is my hotel (must have a hotel in email)
  • How far is [Inverness] from [London]
  • What are some attractions around here
  • What is the flight status of [British Airways][Flight 344]
  • Map of [India]


ENTERTAINMENT

  • Show me the menu for [Sakura Restaurant]
  • Play some music (Im feeling lucky radio will open)
  • Next song
  • Pause Song
  • Play [wild one] (must be in your google play music)
  • Listen to TV
  • Watch [oblivion] (film must be in your google play films)
  • Read [bible] (has to be in your google play books)
  • Whats the score [chelsea against liverpool]
  • Whats this song [music played into microphone]
  • Author of [book title]
  • When is the [next MotoGP race]


EASTER EGGS

  • Do a barrel roll
  • Flip a coin
  • Roll Dice
  • What is the loneliest number
  • Make me a sandwich
  • Who are you
  • Beam me up scotty
  • Tell me  a joke
  • up up down down left left right right
  • sudo make me a sandwich
  • When am I
  • Tilt
  • Whos on first
  • Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
  • What does the fox say
  • How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood




No comments:

Post a Comment