Sunday 26 July 2015

The Start of a YouTube Channel.....


I spend many an hour surfing the web. Many of those hours, if broken down and categorized are spent on YouTube. When I am not online I am usually on my PlayStation 4 playing games with my wife in the background watching or giving me advice.....


I have always played games. Ever since I was young. I am talking like 4 years old. By the time I moved to Japan, arcades were becoming absolutely huge in Tokyo. The new generation of gaming was arriving. Pong was a thing of history (even back then)....

So as a stay at home father and my darling daughter growing up and possibly about to start pre-school I have been aching to start another hobby / project. I really have missed having another purpose other than looking after Hana of course. She will always be numero uno on the priorities list. So the wife asked me why don't I start a YouTube channel with walk-through's, tips, funny moments and unboxing's with product reviews?


My initial reaction to this was not great. I was not so sure. It meant investing in some equipment (money being tight right now) and also I needed some time (something I tend to be short of) to learn new software and as I explained to the wife, video editing also includes sound editing and also includes some artistic talent. Wife's answer "SO?"

Well I thought about it. The more I thought about it the more I looked at other YouTube Channels. The more time I thought and watched the more I truly believed this could be a new hobby. I know for a fact I can help other players out. I know for a fact if there is a bug in a game or a glitch which will end in my demise...I will find it. I also know for a fact that I spent lots of time looking at unboxing's and product reviews before I part with my cash. So why not? Why Not Indeed.......

From my programming days and my general geekiness I have been known as Unleashed Code? Mainly named by myself but people could see the relation to me. I'm a bit outside the box. I would be that bit of code that nobody understands but the loop sequence works anyway with results. So the name for the channel is obvious. Plus there are tons of others out there with god awful channel names like "hendy101aahh3".

So, focus is my biggest talent. If I find something which I am passionate about, feel for the people around me. I'm super focused. So the last 2 months have been gathering intelligence. Making notes. Reconnaissance if you will.  Research into required equipment, time requirements, and also some pretty in depth software learning. I sure have a long way to go on all of these categories but I have enough of everything to start. Hence this post.


So my fellow blog readers..... My YouTube channel has begun..... Please subscribe if you wish to follow me.... if your not interested then don't. It is a hobby and I am sure some people will find some benefit in the channel.

I hope that in years to come that my darling daughter Hana can also enjoy games as much as I and we can play together and develop the channel even further. We shall see...... high hopes for something which is so far away...but time is travelling fast!

All the links to subscribe are marked below along with one of my new Intro Videos......

I will post here on my blog with each new video and also share it on Google Plus as always.




No comments:

Post a Comment